Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dollar Store Dazzler

Hi Blog World.  I am new to Sisterkins and you can read all about me on the About Us page.  I wanted to share my version of a night light with you.  I bought most of my supplies at the dollar store.  The rest were scrounged and recycled.   I came across these beautiful mesh place mats at the dollar store and I was immediately inspired.


  I needed a night light and knew I had found the perfect covering for my vision . I found the night light fixture at the dollar store too.  The extension cord is one I had in my stash.


 I ran home, well I actually drove home, and quickly hit up my wood supply.  I cut all my pieces and this is what I came up with.

With my trusty glue gun at my side, I went to work

I fit the mesh place mats inside my Japanese inspired lantern and started gluing like a madman.   MADWOMAN     Stay the heck out of the way when I get my glue gun going.  It becomes a lethal weapon.
This is the final lamp ready to go to its new home.




I love the square lines of the lantern.  What do you think?
Kermits Corner
It's Not Easy To Be Green!
Sisterkins
Linking Up With
http://www.thethriftyhome.comSomewhat Simple
A Crafty Soiree

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! It is so beautiful. Did you glue the wood or nail it? I can't wait to make one for myself. Thank-you

    ReplyDelete