Monday, October 24, 2011

Satellite Transforms Into A Pond

I wanted to share something that I built years ago. It has held up very well even though we have harsh winters here.    The temperature can dip to -40 degrees C which is darn cold in Celsius or Fahrenheit. (My Canadian roots are showing).

I have a pump running  all summer, which helps to keep the water fresh.  I put fish in it for the summer and also splurge on water plants.  I enjoy the sound of water running while sitting in my satellite gazebo.  Click Here to see that project.  It sits above ground level because one, the lawn mower would of blown all the grass in it, and second of all, I was just too lazy to dig any deeper ( the ground was pretty hard).  It all seemed to work out in the end,  and the rocks added to my ``already built`` rock gardens!   Hope this inspires you to recycle an old satellite dish, in one way or another.  It's one less dish in the landfill.



Thanks for looking!
Have a wonderful day!!
Bessy Boo
Sisterkins
Linking Up With

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! If I didn't live in apartment I would build one of these. A girl can still dream.

    ReplyDelete